Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Gorilla Gadek SG (FE8 Hack)

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: Which lord do you want the next demo to follow? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Which lord do you want the next demo to follow?

1. Brenna (7 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

2. Bellona (16 votes [69.57%])

Percentage of vote: 69.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mage Girl

Mage Girl

Mage (Obviously)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:J-Pop Idols and Anime... mostly

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:53 AM

This is my main hacking project. I've been working on it for over a year now (I know for a fact because my first backup is from March of 2008) and it's coming along nicely.

Anywho, to get on with actual details... This game takes place in a new world, a continent called Velrosa. Velrosa has four large kingdoms, which are the backbone of the continent's political state. These kingdoms are Bayern, Grangenhoff, Adare, and Qwartz. The continent was in a peaceful state for 25 years, however that all changes when the castle of Bayern is attacked!

Princess Brenna, the elder of two princesses of Bayern, is told to flee and search for her younger sister, Bellona, who was out on a journey at the time of the attack. This is where the story starts off in game.

The demo will consist of the Prologue through to Chapter 8.

Changes made for this hack:
- Paladins have been given the full weapon triangle once again.
- A new class called Sword Knight, a cavalier with only swords, has been added and will be one of only few classes with a branching promotion.
- The Soldier class will be promotable, as I've included a playable soldier.
- I've removed the monsters because they don't belong in the story. I'm using some of the slots for new classes and places to insert new battle animations.
- Trainee classes have been removed due to the fact that I don't see myself utilizing them.
- Difficulty increased, although not going to be a death hack, just going to up the difficulty enough so the final chapter won't be a disappointment.
- Affinity has been replaced with "bloodline". Bloodlines not only affect support bonuses, but also give characters special skills.

Current Progress:
Updated as of August 29, 2009
Virtually complete up to Chapter 8.
First demo released!

Some screens for your viewing pleasure:

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
(Note: I've taken WAY more screens, but I don't want to spam the page with millions of screens. XD)

Current Demo: Gorilla Gadek SG Demo 0.1.0

#2 Kingultra

Kingultra

Godly Baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:32 AM

SO EPIC

Im only making a newb hack

:DDDD
user posted image

#3 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:47 AM

Very nice so far. However, the Bellona sprite doesn't look like a female sprite, very much.

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#4 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

Is that new maps I see? Epic.

Looks great so far.

Sure the fighters and brigands are cruel but no need to call them Monster...
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#5 Blazing_Soul

Blazing_Soul

Overlord

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:Girls........Fire Emblem........PS3.........Anime........Girls

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

I just noticed that funny.......

@Dath she's just a slightly edited Ross animation.
user posted image

Darkness is rising and the light is fading
prepare for a battle for a battle between
harmony and discord.

#6 Mage Girl

Mage Girl

Mage (Obviously)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:36 PM

Big news involving the project... The first demo is ready and I'm releasing it today! I'm editing the link into the first post, and you'll be able to download it through there.

A few notes:
The world map story text has not been touched, please skip those segments.
Generic enemy names/descriptions have not been touched, so when you see enemies being called "monster," that's why.
The only tested difficulty is Normal, so please play that.

After you play through the demo, please let me know which Lord you want the next demo to follow. The next demo will follow either Brenna or Bellona, the decision will be largely based off that the players of the demo think. (Attached a poll for convenience.)

So please download and play! And I hope you all enjoy! ^.^

Edit: Too excited about releasing the demo that I forgot to mention... The Ross edit which is Bellona's current battle animation is only temporary. I'm likely going to replace it before the final version. Same goes for Brenna's recolor of Eirika's sprite (no screen is up currently, but if you play the demo, you'll see that her battle sprite is a recolor of Eirika's.)

#7 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:50 PM

Downloaded it and playing it now.

I literally LOL'd at the description of Ch.1 Boss.

I'll probably finish it tomorrow though, gtg soon
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#8 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:12 AM

A demo patch? Hurray! *downloads and starts playing*
I'll bug test for you. Just in case. wink.gif
Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:57 AM

lol. My 2nd favorite FE8 hack. I'm pretty sure I have complimented this somewhere else so I'm not going to do it again. I can't wait to play the demo, the gradients you implemented look really good (not all gradients look good all the time, of course).

You should update the topic's description. Oh, and if you don't mind, I would like to add this hack to the Patch Directory and eventually the mainsite, but only with your permission. If there are any details you care for, just ask. It would be an honor to share your hack with others.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Mage Girl

Mage Girl

Mage (Obviously)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:39 AM

You complimented it at FEU. I remember because that's the only other Fire Emblem forum I'm at.

As for the description... I was going to update it, but apparently I don't have the permissions to do so. XD

Anywho, feel free to add this to the patch directory and you can add it to the site too. All I ask is that people are aware that it's my work. But that shouldn't be too hard since I already have my screenname right on the title screen. XD

#11 Blazing_Soul

Blazing_Soul

Overlord

• Veterans
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:Girls........Fire Emblem........PS3.........Anime........Girls

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:02 AM

I noticed chapter 3 wasn't too bad just having to go up and down the long way. Not bad so far. A Dragon Knight on chapter 4 thank goodness, you have a thing for mounted units though I'm the complete opposite.
user posted image

Darkness is rising and the light is fading
prepare for a battle for a battle between
harmony and discord.

#12 boney

boney

noob

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:16 AM

There's a patch? How'd I not notice?? *downloads*
I already said this, but I wanna say it again. AWSM job on the
menu screen.

#13 Kingultra

Kingultra

Godly Baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:01 PM

Im on ch 5x now. Its a great Hack, though for some reason i hear a ticking noise in battle

best FE hack ive ever played(its the only one i ever played biggrin.gif)
gj
user posted image

#14 badkiara

badkiara

Capitalism, ho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Interests:Girlz<br>Girls<br>Vacation :D<br>PERSONA 4 FUCK YEAH<br>Recettear<br>^Child me lawl

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

I downloaded it and played it through fast a bit (like 2 chapters) and I see you have changed the maps but still it is the same a bit. It is better of course smile.gif

Gonna check out the text and gonna play through it slowly when I have time Stupid homework

I can play through it now a bit but I would try to speed up since I have less time tongue.gif

But really, it looks good smile.gif

Best FE character (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
QUOTE (Seraphinox)
The "Best" character is easily matthew, because without him theres no S Rank

Seraph approved of me being awesome user posted image (refer to "Best of them all in Fire Emblem General Discussion)
I know he means the character Matthew but whatever

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:41 AM

You can't edit the topic description? sad.gif Surely not my doing, I'm not a fan of dumb/small safety precautions like that. *puts it on list of things to fix*

That being said I feel like I'm not contributing anything else to this thread, a quick suggestion, a custom sprite for Bellona would be nice, and if you host images on a photobucket you could always just link to your photobucket gallery if others want to see your other images (from the screenshots that you displayed on the 1st post you don't even know that custom maps exist unless you've seen the other ones on FEU, like me...)

Honestly once I beat FE10, I will rampage through this and be sure to note anything that needs fixing. Until then I will just constantly tell you how I will play it and how I haven't actually gotten to it. lulz.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Mage Girl

Mage Girl

Mage (Obviously)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:28 AM

Yes, I'm definitely going to be doing a custom battle animation for Bellona; I'm also going to do the same for Brenna. Although Brenna's design will still be fairly similar to Eirika's because I already made Brenna's promoted battle animation.

As for the screenshots... Yeah, I know I didn't do the best job at showing many screens, perhaps I was a little TOO conservative when I limited the screens I posted. XD

#17 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:29 AM

Custom battle animation > no CBA, newer screens that show more aspects of the hack > older screens and whatnot.

I didn't need to tell you that though. lol. *downloads*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#18 badkiara

badkiara

Capitalism, ho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Interests:Girlz<br>Girls<br>Vacation :D<br>PERSONA 4 FUCK YEAH<br>Recettear<br>^Child me lawl

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

I played it a bit and....

Battle sprite of Bryndis looks very ugly, might want to look into that.

and Valeri has like 2 light blue pixels in her face XD might want to fix that.

No problems with the cavs and paladin..

I think you said it but I am gonna say it anyway, the world map with text bla bla you know about the story a bit miss a few sprites.

Also... WAY too much girls. Is this like girls only in the game? dry.gif

The mage has a pretty nice battle sprite and so does the myrmidon.
Best FE character (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
QUOTE (Seraphinox)
The "Best" character is easily matthew, because without him theres no S Rank

Seraph approved of me being awesome user posted image (refer to "Best of them all in Fire Emblem General Discussion)
I know he means the character Matthew but whatever

#19 Mage Girl

Mage Girl

Mage (Obviously)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:42 PM

Yes, I know Bryndis' palette for her battle sprite is wonky. Been meaning to fix it but haven't gotten around to it.

As for the light blue in Valeri's face, guess I had a few issues importing her portrait. I did that one the old way, so any stray colors were likely caused by errors recoloring the sprite to fit the palette I was using in TLP. I should have an easy time fixing that, however.

And yes, there's a female heavy cast. Neglected to mention that in the first post of the topic. XD I wanted to reverse the usual balance of male characters to female characters... If you don't like the female heavy cast, I'm sorry.

#20 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:42 PM

Yeah, I got to Chapter 3 before I gave up. No offense, but the heavy female cast really turned me off. Females just aren't warriors. A rare few, but not many. It makes the game too unrealistic for me.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)
Yeah, that is what we get. Never mess with Kensai. XD

QUOTE (badkiara103)
Who doesn't want to kill a helpless little girl.

The Holy Kensai Fan Club!
Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users