Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Fire Mumblem: Attack Of The Terrible Mod!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 markyjoe1990

markyjoe1990

Arrogant Tyrant MarkyJoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

Behold the horribleness!!!

Fire Mumblem is a Fire Emblem Blazing Sword hack made by yours truly, meant to parody the many, MANY horrible Fire Emblem hacks that swarm across the internet, haunting it's many victims with frustrating bosses holding elixir bottles, reinforcements that spawn awkwardly and unexpectedly, and horrible, HORRIBLE dialogue...

... Okay, you won't be seeing any of those in this mod, except the last one (but it's done on purpose).

Anyways, as I said before, Fire Mumblem is a hack that parodies terrible Fire Emblem hacks. Although it parodies them, it does not BECOME them.

The hack will feature:
  • Completely new and custom maps
  • Completely new and custom event data changes
  • Some new weapons (Some old weapons may get changed)
  • Some new portraits (And by some I mean very few)
  • A special "Bonus Task System" which rewards specific achievements with Gold
  • Completely new and custom text
  • A story that makes absolutely no sense, and doesn't just "re-skin" the story of the Fire Emblem game it changes, unlike SOME mods.
  • Fair and challenging difficulty that ISN'T overkill
  • Dark, morose humor, satirical humor, plently of blatent, warped, twisted and maybe even shocking and ridiculous scenes.
I am going to put MAXIMUM effort into not only making this mod good to play and hilarious to watch, but an effective parody to terrible Fire Emblem hacks everywhere.

Keep note, I've played MANY terrible Fire Emblem mods and I've even MADE one before, so I KNOW what NOT to do when attempting to make a good, enjoyable mod. Additionally, I have my friend, BuringPenitentEngine of YouTube to help not only give me feedback on the hack to help make it better, but to also provide hilarious let's Play videos on each chapter I make.

Screenshots!? HERE ARE YOUR SCREENSHOTS:

user posted imageuser posted image

Oh, but I've got MORE than just screenshots, I have VIDEOS!!!:

~Video~Lets Play Fire Mumblem Episode 1 Revised Part 1 Super-Turbo HD Remix~Video~

~Video~Lets Play Fire Mumblem Episode 1 Revised Part 2 Visiting Houses, because I'm an Achievement Whore~Video~

~Video~Lets Play Fire Mumblem Episode 1 Revised Part 3 In Soviet Russia....~Video~

Allow me to explain something else about my mod, specifically the "Bonus Task System".

The Bonus task system is a new mechanic put into my mod. It basically works like this:

user posted image

At the beginning of each Episode, before it actually starts, the game asks you if you wish to view the "Bonus Task List"

user posted image

Viewing the Bonus task list shows you the optional tasks you can do in each Episode.

By completing said tasks....

user posted image

You earn gold!

Please note that in my mod, you can only earn money in my mod by either selling your items and weapons, or by completing these tasks, and remember, if you don't HAVE money, your weapons will rust! And You can't fight without your weapons!

~Video~MONEY IS REALLY IMPORTANT, DAMNIT!~Video~

So far, the progress on my mod is...
  • Episode 1 - Completed entirely
  • Episode 2 - Completed entirely
  • Episode 3 - Completed entirely
  • Episode 3x - Completed entirely
  • Episode 4 - Completed entirely
There is also an older, now abandoned version of this mod that has Episodes 1 - 6 all completed and you can all watch all those episodes (With the exception of Episode 3) on BuringPenitentEngine's Youtube channel (by clicking here), however, that is an old version of this mod. This NEW version improves upon the old one greatly.

Questions? Comments? Compliments? Please give them. Although I am working hard on this mod all on my own (With BuringPenitentEngine being one of my only means of feedback), giving your comments helps motivate me to continue working on it. Additionally, suggestions and ideas may be put into the mod as well. I'm open for such.

And with that, this is MarkyJoe1990 signing out!

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:58 PM

YESZ! YOU DID IT! *high fives*

Nicely done, as you know I like this hack. I would limit the possibly offensive jokes and try and make a few spiced up aspects graphic-wise (I can live with the portraits, but a new title screen and some other palette changes or something never hurt). Just some suggestions.

Until you release it, I'll wait patiently for a hack. happy.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:09 PM

I watched the videos, and lol'd quite a bit. Looking forward to a release, if there is one.

#4 markyjoe1990

markyjoe1990

Arrogant Tyrant MarkyJoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ January 11, 2010 03:58 pm)
YESZ! YOU DID IT! *high fives*

Nicely done, as you know I like this hack. I would limit the possibly offensive jokes and try and make a few spiced up aspects graphic-wise (I can live with the portraits, but a new title screen and some other palette changes or something never hurt). Just some suggestions.

Until you release it, I'll wait patiently for a hack. happy.gif

Oooh don't worry. I'll make sure to stay away from the offensive jokes. I once angered BuringPenitentEngine severely because of it and that's why he no longer has Episode 3 posted on his YouTube channel.

I might change some graphics. The Title screen is in consideration. Palettes will definitely be edited, but only for characters who actually matter. Palettes are way too tedious for me.

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:33 PM

Hahah. Alright. I don't blame you, I still don't know of a very easy way to edit palettes... it's still a bit of a pain... sleep.gif

Good thing with the offensive jokes, it's rare I see any funny people now adays who don't abuse that kinda stuff or internet memes XD

That aside if you need any help or anything, shout out, who knows, I may very well be able to help you. (Alternatively, maybe I can't.)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 markyjoe1990

markyjoe1990

Arrogant Tyrant MarkyJoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ January 11, 2010 04:33 pm)
Hahah. Alright. I don't blame you, I still don't know of a very easy way to edit palettes... it's still a bit of a pain... sleep.gif

Good thing with the offensive jokes, it's rare I see any funny people now adays who don't abuse that kinda stuff or internet memes XD

That aside if you need any help or anything, shout out, who knows, I may very well be able to help you. (Alternatively, maybe I can't.)

- The best and quickest way to edit palettes that I know of is too convoluted for me to explain with my limited ability to explain things very well.

- I hate using other people's memes. I prefer to come up with my own jokes. If my jokes become memes, it actually feels pretty awesome though.

- The only thing I need right now is people to talk to. I'm a rather lonely person, and talking to people about my mod helps motivate me to keep working on it.

#7 GyppyGirl2021

GyppyGirl2021

Urist Stukosbomrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:08 PM

Haha, awesome. The guy's commentary in the vid made it so much win. XD

I feel bad for Hector though... in a sane Fire Emblem hack, he wouldn't have been forced to rape a random villager to death.

Urist Stukosbomrek, Herbalist cancels Drink: Interrupted by Hype.

Urist Stukosbomrek has gone stark raving mad!

#8 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:52 AM

Hey dude, I feel the same way with my mod. If I didn't have this strong desire to finish it really soon, I wouldn't get anything done... If you have AIM I'm on quite a bit, and I like to chat.

I can edit palettes fine but it's not as simple as taking an image of a still recolored paladin and having it automatch with the paladin battle sprite color-by-color (without having to do anything of course) and then creating a fresh palette and inserting it to free to space and repointing, and I don't like spending 5 (max 10) minutes a palette because once it's done I don't feel like I spent that 10 minutes very well...

Anyway, rant aside, get AIM and we can chat and you'll be motivated. xP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:03 AM

Bump, you haven't updated here in a while to start, and second of all, I was wondering if I could post this hack on the mainsite once a patch gets out. It'd be SUUUUUPA awesome. biggrin.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Falaflame

Falaflame

Confronting the past

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Nothing much beyond your typical gamer.

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:23 AM

What happened to all the screens?

Fighting the ghosts of my past. I'd rather not remember who I once used to be..

#11 markyjoe1990

markyjoe1990

Arrogant Tyrant MarkyJoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

Sorry I haven't given a response in so long. I forgot all about this being here. I rarely frequent this forum >.<

*bookmarked*

Anyways, to answer blazer's question, yeah, you can host the patch if I ever release it. That will take a while though.

*sees my first post*

Looks like the images aren't showing... gotta fix that.

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

You can't "rarely" frequent a forum. You either frequent it or not. lol sorry, had to point out that.

Anyway that's good to know and I'm looking forward to some updates on this.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#13 markyjoe1990

markyjoe1990

Arrogant Tyrant MarkyJoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

Ahh, well here's a nice update for ya

Episode 3 is completed. Episode 3x is on the way to completion.

#14 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

Oooh! Nice!

And a gaiden/sidequest already, that's a new twist. =O

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#15 markyjoe1990

markyjoe1990

Arrogant Tyrant MarkyJoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (Red @ May 26 2010, 05:16 PM)
Oooh! Nice!

And a gaiden/sidequest already, that's a new twist. =O

Yeah man. Get this.

Similar to Ephraim's side chapter in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, you play as characters you haven't used yet, however, the characters you use will never be usable in the game again, so death in the chapter doesn't really matter (They don't actually die anyway). Additionally, if the "lord" dies, you don't get a game over, it just skips to the next episode.

Really, all that the gaiden chapter is for is to explain more of the plot as well as give you a bonus challenge in case you wish to earn extra money.

... I suppose it doesn't sound good on paper, but just wait until I finish the Episode.

#16 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

Nah, I think it sounds really cool and original. Chapter 5x was a semi-cool idea but it was the only gaiden chapter there. I like how it's a totally separate thing like that, I think a story should always focus on more than just the main character, or at the very least, more than the main character and his direct friends should be there.

I wanna play a custom hack so bad, this is one of the few I have to look forward to...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#17 Zeldaicflame

Zeldaicflame

Mage Fighter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:21 AM

I think this looks really awesome.
Can't wait to play it.

#18 markyjoe1990

markyjoe1990

Arrogant Tyrant MarkyJoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:14 AM

Good news everyone. Episode 3x is complete. I'm having it beta tested right now to make sure it's fully functional and bugless. Once that's done, I'll send it to BuringPenitentEngine and force ask him to play it.

Special thanks to Seph1212 for making two of the portraits used in the episode. Zepkref and Gidepark.

Gidepark
user posted image

Zepkref
user posted image

#19 seph1212

seph1212

Am I supposed to laugh at that?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:20 AM

NOTE THAT I DID NOT MAKE THE MINIS.

HAHA, Seph is credit to team.

ALRIGHT. Can't wait to see Evan screaming at you for your hack once more XD

Or laughing at another Hector joke. Or any other joke.

(Gotta say, you've got the best joke hack out there, so far)
user posted image
Credit to AoDnightshade of FEND for the EPIC banner.

Check out my Let's Plays:
http://www.youtube.c...12?feature=mhw4

Also, check out my Let's Play of Tactics Universe:
http://www.youtube.c...5DFE81942978E33

I hope you enjoy!

#20 Felover3

Felover3

feLURKER

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Interests:Archery, Guns, Ballroom Dancing, Cooking, Board Games, Magic TCG, Gaming, FE, Lost in Blue.

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:22 AM

This entire mod is actually ironic, as most terrible hacks never get worked on or completed, like mine

Stop working so fast darnit

Your hack was funny from what I saw of it, looking forward to seeing what these new people will function as.

-------------------------------------
The Legendary Lurker

"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone's eyes and steal whatever the hell life gave them." ~Me

Has a Blazor Favor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users