Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

FE7: Leila Edition

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Leila>Matthew

Leila>Matthew

Support Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

FE7 Leila Edition is basically what it sounds like: A FE7 Hack where Matthew is switched with Leila. My first beta patch has been released, LE v0.2! It was to originally be labeled v0.1, but enough progress was made during the last round of tests that I decided that v0.1 would no longer be fitting. And thus, we skip directly to v0.2.

It would be reasonable to expect v0.3 to be up before 5/31/12. The speed of my progress forward largely depends of feedback from all of you, so don't be afraid to leave (constructive) criticisms in the comments here.

The issue that I most require feedback on is the matter of Leila's altered growth rates. I would ask anyone daring to play all the way to the end to post a screenshot of Leila's final stats, as well as leaving feedback on her performance as a character.

Also, please let me know via comment or pm if you find any unaltered text/portraits that seem discontinuous with the Matthew/Leila swap.

Mediafire Link for UPS patch v0.2
http://www.mediafire...i37dda00s2dxy76

Mediafire Link for UPS patch v0.25
http://www.mediafire...545rhmnxs6aqona

v0.255
http://www.mediafire...dqd2d786lx7d1vv

Done so far (As of v0.255):
Leila insertion over Matthew - (Lyn's story should be completely done, Eliwood/Hector stories are... decidedly less done)
Working Leila Promotion
Make all Prf and S Weapons unbreakable
Minor Adjustments to accommodate character swaps
New Customized Growths for Leila
Sages/Valkyries get Light Magic
Bishops/Druids get Anima Magic

Coming Next Patch (v0.3): (Updated Daily)
Legault can be recruited by Leila in both modes (E+H), complete with custom Recruitment Convo
Full Leila+Serra Support Line (C->A)
Falcoknight's base CON has been lowered by 1 point in order to preserve 16 Aid (Allowing for the rescue of Generals)

To Be Done:
Insertion of Class Alterations and Custom Animations
New Support Text for Leila
Anything else you guys can find wrong

I am also still accepting any suggestions for Leila's Support text, and I ask that anyone who has text suggestions leave a reply or message me the potential changes. All credit will be given in final result to any writers whose submissions end up being used.
brianmccallister1 on Hector: "Tank. Big tank. Big tank go smash smash, crash crash! Men cry. Scream. Run." ... Awesome

Marcia (PoR) on Twitter - "STUFF IT, SPONGE-BRAIN!!! NO MORE LAME EXCUSES!!! FOLLOW ME!!! NOW!!!"

Let's Play a game! And if you win the game I can give you your prize. Because that's how games work. Winners get prizes and losers bleed alot and then get eaten by worms. I like games!
-Your Bestest Friend,
Chesty

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:41 AM

lol that is quite... interesting

though I'm wondering, couldn't you just copy all of Leila's data from the character NMM into Matthew's character slot, and then replace the first time Matthew appears to be a female thief instead of a normal thief, and then change all the instances of "Matthew" to "Leila" and then be pretty much done with the majority of stuff? XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 Leila>Matthew

Leila>Matthew

Support Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Oct 28 2011, 06:41 PM)
lol that is quite... interesting

though I'm wondering, couldn't you just copy all of Leila's data from the character NMM into Matthew's character slot, and then replace the first time Matthew appears to be a female thief instead of a normal thief, and then change all the instances of "Matthew" to "Leila" and then be pretty much done with the majority of stuff? XD

Lol, That sounds like a good idea: That's why that is exactly what I already did... No offense, but did you watch the video? What I really need is new text for Leila and ideas for new hacks to make the game more enjoyable to play without drastically altering the feel of the game.

Thanks anyway for your interest and your input and I would appreciate any contribution that you, with vastly more experience doing this kind of stuff, could make. Thnx again =)
brianmccallister1 on Hector: "Tank. Big tank. Big tank go smash smash, crash crash! Men cry. Scream. Run." ... Awesome

Marcia (PoR) on Twitter - "STUFF IT, SPONGE-BRAIN!!! NO MORE LAME EXCUSES!!! FOLLOW ME!!! NOW!!!"

Let's Play a game! And if you win the game I can give you your prize. Because that's how games work. Winners get prizes and losers bleed alot and then get eaten by worms. I like games!
-Your Bestest Friend,
Chesty

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

Ah well given what you had typed out it sounded like you did things another way that was much harder. tongue.gif And no I didn't watch the video, I don't have time >_>

and there's not much to contribute to, I mean it's your hack so you do what you want with it tongue.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 badkiara

badkiara

Capitalism, ho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Interests:Girlz<br>Girls<br>Vacation :D<br>PERSONA 4 FUCK YEAH<br>Recettear<br>^Child me lawl

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:31 PM

Won't this be just a slight reskin of FE7?

Oh well, just my opinion on a few things.

-Unbreakable legendary weapons.
Why? They are weapons, of course they will break eventually. Aside from tomes I guess but meh, it's still a weapon so it's not that weird to let them break. If anything, up the uses.

PS: Mani Katti is a legendary now? Lyn's mode is easy enough as it is, don't make it even easier ._.

-Supply option
What about Merlinus? You're just gonna throw him away? Part of the 'challenge' in FE7 is keeping Merlinus alive, but if you add the supply thing from FE8 in FE7 then that will be useless too. Also, it's just one lord, Eliwood or Hector. You would have to program it so that depending on which mode you choose, that lord will have the supply command.

-Supports + Guy
Obviously you will have to change supports to fit with Leila instead of Matthew, and what about Guy? I doubt Leila would feed Guy for no real reason.

-Female Assassin
Not exactly sure if the animation exists in FE6-FE8 but wouldn't you need to make a new (edited male sin) animation for her?

---------

Honestly, it appears to be a lot of work for.. something nothing that good IMO. Don't let this stop you from hacking though. You gotta start somewhere after all tongue.gif

Best FE character (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
QUOTE (Seraphinox)
The "Best" character is easily matthew, because without him theres no S Rank

Seraph approved of me being awesome user posted image (refer to "Best of them all in Fire Emblem General Discussion)
I know he means the character Matthew but whatever

#6 Leila>Matthew

Leila>Matthew

Support Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (badkiara @ Oct 30 2011, 05:31 AM)
Won't this be just a slight reskin of FE7?

Oh well, just my opinion on a few things.

-Unbreakable legendary weapons.
Why? They are weapons, of course they will break eventually. Aside from tomes I guess but meh, it's still a weapon so it's not that weird to let them break. If anything, up the uses.

PS: Mani Katti is a legendary now? Lyn's mode is easy enough as it is, don't make it even easier ._.

-Supply option
What about Merlinus? You're just gonna throw him away? Part of the 'challenge' in FE7 is keeping Merlinus alive, but if you add the supply thing from FE8 in FE7 then that will be useless too. Also, it's just one lord, Eliwood or Hector. You would have to program it so that depending on which mode you choose, that lord will have the supply command.

-Supports + Guy
Obviously you will have to change supports to fit with Leila instead of Matthew, and what about Guy? I doubt Leila would feed Guy for no real reason.

-Female Assassin
Not exactly sure if the animation exists in FE6-FE8 but wouldn't you need to make a new (edited male sin) animation for her?

---------

Honestly,  it appears to be a lot of work for.. something nothing that good IMO. Don't let this stop you from hacking though. You gotta start somewhere after all tongue.gif

Thanks for taking the time to look it over and give your opinions.

Yes, it is really only a reskin. Besides a few minor modifications, it wasn't meant to be much more.

I figure that these weapons survived not only the Scouring, but the 100s of years following; they survived carving through the diamond-hard scales of dragons, survived direct hits from dragon flame, and are imbued with the most powerful magics known to mankind... Why do they break from cutting down a few bandits? (And the Mani Katti can be used freely throughout all of Lyn's chapter without breaking anyway)

Merlinus is pathetic and will be done away with. At best, he will be modified into a fighting unit with his supply abilities removed.

Supports are easy to correct, the only issue is coming with replacement text.

It probably is a lot of work for such a simple hack, but it's mainly for my own amusement anyways.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your opinions

-Your Bestest Friend,
Chesty

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

It probably is a lot of work for such a simple hack, but it's mainly for my own amusement anyways.

respect +1, hacks aren't meant to cater to others (most of the time anyway), they're for the creators own enjoyment...

and this:

Yes, it is really only a reskin. Besides a few minor modifications, it wasn't meant to be much more.

might only be a reskin and not super exciting to play (no offense) but at least you have a decent chance of finishing it

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Leila>Matthew

Leila>Matthew

Support Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:14 AM

Lord Supply idea has been discarded due to game mechanic that makes it so that whichever unit has the "supply depot" ability must be "deployed" like merlinus's tent.
This means that they cannot be traded with in battle prep screen and also disables trade function on the field.

Result:
Positive:
Unit doesn't count toward limit of units that you can bring with you per chapter
Negatives:
Unit that cannot change inventory items except by buying from shops (not sure if even that would work, untested) or by defeating an enemy with droppable item.
Unit cannot be used on chapters that don't have the option to deploy tent. Most notably the Final chapter...

-Your Bestest Friend,
Chesty

#9 Leila>Matthew

Leila>Matthew

Support Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:29 AM

"Emblem" items have been inserted as a gift from the tactician when he joins Eliwood's group. Will be inserted into hector's story as starting equipment for Eliwood's units.

-Your Bestest Friend,
Chesty

#10 Leila>Matthew

Leila>Matthew

Support Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:06 AM

Made "Emblem Seal" unbreakable.
Why?
Looking at that "1/1" on a passive bonus item was pissing me off and it was an easy fix. Why did the programmers even bother giving it uses in the first place!?!?
Whatever. Better now. =)

-Your Bestest Friend,
Chesty

#11 Leila>Matthew

Leila>Matthew

Support Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:31 AM

Finally finished Leila chibi/mini-portrait =)

-Your Bestest Friend,
Chesty

#12 TheCrimsonFlash

TheCrimsonFlash

The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in the Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, football, handball, Pokemon, Hannibal, Hugh Dancy

Seriously, Hugh Dancy is my celeb crush.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:20 AM

Someone else than me who luuuvs Leila.

#13 Leila>Matthew

Leila>Matthew

Support Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:07 AM

Someone else than me who luuuvs Leila.

Leila <3

On a somewhat related note, I've been editing the game text to fit Leila instead of Matthew. I have been able to change every appearance so far (not counting support conversations, I will get there eventually). Only one problem...

Chapter 8 from Lyn's story has an event right before the prep screen becomes accessible where Matthew tells you that he will not be joining you and that you should take anything that you need from him.

I would like to eliminate this event altogether, as Leila is playable for this chapter, but no matter what I try I can't seem to change anything except for the text. I cannot even change the portrait to Leila's, as this too seems to be part of the event and not an element of the text script.

I cannot find the event anywhere in the data for chapter 8, unless it is an ASM event, in which case I wouldn't recognize it if I saw it. Even if I could somehow i.d. the ASM event, I would have no idea what to do about it.

Anyone have any idea how to deal with this problem? Because my head is just about ready to explode...

-Your Bestest Friend,
Chesty

#14 Leila>Matthew

Leila>Matthew

Support Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:21 AM

Anyone want to tell me how Leila just classed up into a Lord(Lyn) with inf Hp and 347Skill?

I didn't even know inf Hp was possible...

Edit: Fixed, had something to do with the pointer for the fell contract.

user posted image

-Your Bestest Friend,
Chesty

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

Hahaha, that's funny. One for the record books. You should put that in your sig. XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Leila>Matthew

Leila>Matthew

Support Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

Leila final stats as an assassin Lv20/Lv20, no boosting items used.

This would be a really great stat spread if she didn't still have the same 10 speed she started with...

user posted image

-Your Bestest Friend,
Chesty

#17 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

Wait, what? Does she have 0 speed or what? That's crazy for an assassin, one of the fastest units in the game, to have a speed of 10. O_O and that def and res aren't bad either (well everything but speed is amazing to be blunt but it IS a hack about Leila so Ig uess that's fitting)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#18 Leila>Matthew

Leila>Matthew

Support Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

Those stats came from Leila's built-in growth rates. I just transferred them over to the Matthew character slot. Here they are:
Hp - 80
Str/Mag - 70
Skill - 65
Speed - 0
Defense - 30
Resistance - 40
Luck - 55
Also just discovered that Leila's unpromoted Palette looks good on an assassin. Leila now has her own Assassin sprite! =)

-Your Bestest Friend,
Chesty

#19 Leila>Matthew

Leila>Matthew

Support Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

All further update notifications will simply be edited onto the first post so as not to "cheat" and build up the reply count artificially. Also will make it easier so anyone who looks at the 1st post will see whatever is current.

-Your Bestest Friend,
Chesty

#20 TheCrimsonFlash

TheCrimsonFlash

The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in the Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, football, handball, Pokemon, Hannibal, Hugh Dancy

Seriously, Hugh Dancy is my celeb crush.

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

How'z the hacking goin'? Is it moving forward O_o?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users