Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

FE7 Item Editing

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Icecube

Icecube

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:05 AM

I'm still a newbie in FE editing (FE7). I've some trouble in making a magic weapon (the one like runesword).

1. How can I make my new weapon have magic animation for meele and ranged attack?(i.e. nosferatu, the one like runesword). I'm using 0x9A for weapon. I've tried to make exact duplicate of runesword in nightmare (item editor and spell association module, and with some modification, with custom item animation). I've even tried to swap item id in SA module, but it didn't work.
2. How can I set the element of my magic weapon? (in my case, magic sword)

Edit on #1. The animation works only for ranged attack. I want to make it works for meele attack too.
My FE7 patch and modules can be found here

#2 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (Icecube @ Mar 22 2012, 04:05 AM)
I'm still a newbie in FE editing (FE7). I've some trouble in making a magic weapon (the one like runesword).

1. How can I make my new weapon have magic animation for meele and ranged attack?(i.e. nosferatu, the one like runesword). I'm using 0x9A for weapon. I've tried to make exact duplicate of runesword in nightmare (item editor and spell association module, and with some modification, with custom item animation). I've even tried to swap item id in SA module, but it didn't work.
2. How can I set the element of my magic weapon? (in my case, magic sword)

Edit on #1. The animation works only for ranged attack. I want to make it works for meele attack too.

1. I've never really had this problem, but you could look at the properties of a tome and copy those over.

2.Well, if you mean light, anima, and dark. The class determines that. If you meant the animation, well, that's animation.

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#3 Icecube

Icecube

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

1. I've looked at them. I've even copied Runesword, the only magical weapon (not the tome) in FE7 that has magic animation for both meele and ranged attack (I've not tried to copy a tome since what I want to make is a magical weapon for weapon holder) (and try to swap it's animation with it). I find no specific weapon animation for Runesword (in battle animation editor module/nightmare).
2. Class has nothing to do with the element. What I mean is how to make an elemental magic weapon such as Wind Sword with it's Anima element, Runesword with Dark / Elder element, and Light brand with Light element. I.e. Light brand user has trinity advantages over Flux user

#4 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Icecube @ Mar 26 2012, 10:53 AM)
1. I've looked at them. I've even copied Runesword, the only magical weapon (not the tome) in FE7 that has magic animation for both meele and ranged attack (I've not tried to copy a tome since what I want to make is a magical weapon for weapon holder) (and try to swap it's animation with it). I find no specific weapon animation for Runesword (in battle animation editor module/nightmare).
2. Class has nothing to do with the element. What I mean is how to make an elemental magic weapon such as Wind Sword with it's Anima element, Runesword with Dark / Elder element, and Light brand with Light element. I.e. Light brand user has trinity advantages over Flux user

1. The Runesword uses a Nosferatu animation not it's own.

2. I have no Idea how to do that. Sorry.

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#5 Icecube

Icecube

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:04 AM

I'm sorry for not telling the detail.
Note. I'm using nightmare module provided.

Using Spell Association Editor:
1. Set Animation 0x60: weapon = 0x9A; No chars = 2; Animation used = 0x1E; A. Pointer = 0x00; Return = 0x01; Facing = 0x00; Flashing = 0x00. (Note that the differences with runesword[0x68] animation are only animation number and weapon number). This change works well only for ranged attack.
2. Swap weapon number between 0x60 (0x9A) and 0x68 (0x11 or runesword). This change doesn't make any differences from first change.

Using Item Editor
1. Set Item 0x9A as an EXACT COPY of Item 0x11 (runesword) (I've verified it with windhex). This new item only has spell animation for ranged attack.

P.S. Sorry for using a confusing phrase in my last post.

#6 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (Icecube @ Mar 31 2012, 02:04 AM)
1. Set Item 0x9A as an EXACT COPY of Item 0x11 (runesword) (I've verified it with windhex). This new item only has spell animation for ranged attack.

Should you be editing 9A? Well, I can't seem to find the problem. I gave the Light Brand all the same properties and nothing.

Although, for your weapon type thing. It's in the weapon type area. It will have, Anima, Light, Dark, and Staff. That will do it there.

#7 Icecube

Icecube

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

Should you be editing 9A?

I'm trying to add some new magic weapon (like some anima lance etc.).
Since 0x9A is still considered as an item slot, (as a proof, animation 0x60 is set by default as animation for 0x9A), I'm trying to edit that slot.

I gave the Light Brand all the same properties and nothing.

Light brand has a bit differences with runesword. Light brand does magic attack on ranged attack only, but runesword does magic attack on both meele and ranged attack
(I.e. if you give light brand nosferatu animation and effect, there will be no animation of absorbing hp for meele attack).

Although, for your weapon type thing. It's in the weapon type area. It will have, Anima, Light, Dark, and Staff. That will do it there.

Just take a look on runesword. Runesword is treated as a sword (when battling axe) and as a dark weapon (when battling anima user).
In item editor, runesword is classified as a sword.

#8 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Icecube @ Mar 31 2012, 02:09 PM)

I'm trying to add some new magic weapon (like some anima lance etc.).
Since 0x9A is still considered as an item slot, (as a proof, animation 0x60 is set by default as animation for 0x9A), I'm trying to edit that slot.

Light brand has a bit differences with runesword. Light brand does magic attack on ranged attack only, but runesword does magic attack on both meele and ranged attack
(I.e. if you give light brand nosferatu animation and effect, there will be no animation of absorbing hp for meele attack).

Just take a look on runesword. Runesword is treated as a sword (when battling axe) and as a dark weapon (when battling anima user).
In item editor, runesword is classified as a sword.

Hm... Well, I was told not to edit 9A. Whatever. Hm... I can't find any differences between the two. blink.gif I'm sorry, but it must be hardcoded. But, for the new magic tome, try setting the weapon ability to 0x03. Sorry, I probably can't help anymore... sad.gif

#9 Icecube

Icecube

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for answering.

#10 Icecube

Icecube

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

Sorry for necroposting in this topic, but I find the solution of this problem (after 2 years without FE).
FE 7 has 3 non-ordinary weapon with same meele and ranged animation. They are Runesword, Hand Axe, and Tomahawk. They are checked in 0x52D58, 0x52D84, and 0x52DAC. Due to poor algorithm(too many comparing), there is enough space for customizing them (e.g. creating more "magic sword/hand axe variant"), especially after ROM expansion. Note. The same thing also happened to Blessing of 8 Generals animation, so it's possible to revive all 8 Legendary weapons (with the blessing of 8 generals).

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:38 AM

ohmy.gif that's some neat info, so you could potentially make more special weapons like these by hardcoding more or softcoding them from scratch and using the softcoded implementation, huh? awesome! thanks for sharing! and no problem necroposting for a good reason! =)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 Icecube

Icecube

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

Maybe taking back my long lost project has its own worth. Now it's possible to make more magic sword with elemental properties, or even recreating all magic tome as sword. Still need some time to implement them into Nightmare module though.

#13 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

Now it's possible to make more magic sword with elemental properties, or even recreating all magic tome as sword. Still need some time to implement them into Nightmare module though.
Could you give an explanation on this? I'm not sure I understood what you're referring to when you mention that this is possible XD.
Especially this:
They are checked in 0x52D58, 0x52D84, and 0x52DAC.
I'm afraid I have no idea what this means XD.
Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#14 Icecube

Icecube

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

Open a vba disassembler and it's written there.

What checked in the 52D58(08052D58 in VBA address) is whether the weapon is Runesword or not (0x11 is Runesword ID). If the weapon is runesword, then it will use ranged animation for both meele and ranged. The same with the other two.

Recently, I found 3 other groups of address. 28520, which halve your strength in calculating ATTACK (not DAMAGE), 288E6, which assign your element, and 28F08, which halve your strength in calculating DAMAGE (not ATTACK). The first checks Runesword only, and the later two check all three weapon.

When a weapon is checked at the last check, the weapon will do reduced damage. Strangely though, when a weapon is assigned elemental properties, and checked at the last check, they will do reduced damage only when the elemental weapon is triggered.

Note that all of the attribute above can be applied only if the weapon is set as magic weapon(FE7 module>item editor).

#15 Icecube

Icecube

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

Finally. A nightmare module for implementing ranged weapon animation into meele battle. Note that the only animation for ranged axe is throwing axe (if we think about original content.). Magical attribute for weapon is currently in waiting list.

Attached Files

• Attached File  839   4KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users